Late equaliser not enough for Club Brugge
Krepin Diatta scored a stoppage time equaliser to give Club Brugge a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in their Champions League Group A clash on Tuesday.
Krepin Diatta scored a stoppage time equaliser to give Club Brugge a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in their Champions League Group A clash on Tuesday which likely put his side into the Europa League in the new year.
Two red cards for celebrating equaliser
Diatta cut in from the wing in the 92nd minute to hammer home from distance, only to get sent off for a second caution as he took off his shirt in celebration.
Defender Clinton Mata got a second booking at the same time for kicking the corner flag in a bizarre ending to the match.
Real Madrid benefit
Brugge have three points to Galatasaray's two as both fell out of contention for the knockout stage, meaning Real Madrid, on seven points, join Paris St Germain in the last 16 before their clash kicked off in the Spanish capital later on Tuesday.
Galatasaray finish Group A away at PSG while the Belgians host Real also on Dec. 11. A third place finish would ensure passage to the knockout stage of the second tier Europa League.
Real Madrid conceded two late goals to draw with PSG at the Bernabéu, meaning the French side will top the group, no matter what happens in the last round of matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds