Cristiano Ronaldo "dragging himself around the pitch"
Former Juventus striker Nicola Amoruso says Cristiano Ronaldo needs to manage his game time better if he is to return to top form.
Cristiano Ronaldo isn't enjoying his best period of football. The Juventus forward has been carrying a knee niggle for several weeks and is struggling for form, leading to criticism of the Portugal star.
The latest observer to question the 34-year-old is former striker Nicola Amoruso, who himself had two spells as a Juve player between 1996 and 2002.
"At his age, rest is pretty much more important than playing"
At this stage of his career, says Amoruso, Cristiano should be managing his game time better if he wants to get back to his best - something the Italian feels he remains totally capable of doing.
"Cristiano has been dragging himself around the pitch for a few months now," Amoruso said. "He should swallow his pride and admit that, at his age, rest is pretty much more important than playing.
"It's a tricky issue to handle, but I'm convinced he can still make the difference."
Seven goals in 16 Juve games for Cristiano this season
So far this season, Cristiano has made 16 appearances in all competitions for Juventus, scoring seven goals: six in Serie A and one in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online