Ancelotti: “I'm not sure if I'll be on the bench for the next game"
The current Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti alluded that the Champions League win against Genk may be his last on the San Paolo bench.
Current Napoli coach, Carlo Ancelotti was vague when asked about his situation as manager of the Neapolitan side. Speaking to ‘Sky Sport’ after the Champions League win over Belgian side Genk, the coach stated: "I'm not sure if I'll be on the bench next Saturday, I hope to be and I'll talk to the president (De Laurentiis) tomorrow to clarify matters. It's a decision that the club and board now need to take”.
The former Bayern and Real Madrid manager refused to be drawn on rumours linking Gattuso to the Serie A club's bench: “I don´t know or worry about other managers, I was only focused on the game. Resign? No, I've never done that and I never will”.
Regarding the win and passage to the last 16 of the Champions League the coach added: “This was one of the satisfying results from the past few months. We've showed that we can compete in Europe and sadly don't show this side in Serie A".
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands