La Real respond to Barcelona complaints over referee
The Basque club took to Twitter to remind the Spanish champions about how decisions have gone their way after the Piqué-Llorente storm.
FC Barcelona's complaints about the refereeing of Alberola Rojas during the 2-2 draw in Anoeta have been provided with a response, issued via Real Sociedad's official Twitter account.
Barcelona reminded of sportsmanship
The club in San Sebastian published a tweet on Sunday in which they criticised the attitude of the Spanish champions who were unhappy about not being awarded a penalty in added-on time for a perceived foul on Gerard Piqué. The complaints were accompanied by various images attempting to show the clarity of the foul.
"Yesterday we enjoyed a brilliant game from the team and the fans at the Reale Arena," the post began. "We are stronger together and will continue to make history.
"If others prefer to keep with other images, we'll help them to select those that show what actually happened most clearly," they continued. With that they attached images of the moment when the Barça defender is seen holding onto the shirt of Llorente.
If that wasn't enough, La Real's social media team added a third tweet, stating "We could show you more." They then posted images from a previous game between the two clubs, including the infamous Mascherano challenge on Vela when the Mexican was through on goal to score but the whistle wasn't blown for a penalty.
A final message was sent, showing Iniesta exchanging gifts with Xabi Prieto before a game, and the message "we are about this," possibly in the hope of changing the tone of the criticism and complaints coming out of the Camp Nou just four days before El Clásico. Sportsmanship.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots