Low: Bayern target Sane "would keep the Bundesliga attractive"
Germany boss Joachim Low said the Bundesliga would become more attractive if Leroy Sane swaps Manchester City for Bayern Munich.
Leroy Sane's proposed switch to Bayern Munich would give the Bundesliga a welcome boost, according to Germany head coach Joachim Low.
Bayern went public with their interest in the Manchester City winger prior to the season starting.
The Bavarian giants shelved their transfer plans when Sane suffered a serious knee injury in August, but a new report claims the Schalke product has his heart set on joining Bayern.
According to Bild, Sane wants the move to go ahead in January as he steps up his recovery.
Low: "Sane ould keep the Bundesliga attractive"
Low told the newspaper: "When a player like Sane returns to the Bundesliga, it is very enjoyable for everyone.
"He has many special features, his own style of play. He would be an attraction for the Bundesliga. Sane would keep the Bundesliga attractive."
PEP (On @LeroySane19 recovery) It is the next step to go on to the pitch, then he will train with us and then full sessions.— Manchester City (@ManCity) December 17, 2019
That would be great for us.
The 23-year-old returned to the training pitch on Monday, completing an isolated session.
Germany boss Low gave Sane his international debut in November 2015 and took him to the European Championship the following year, but declined to offer advice on whether he should leave the Premier League ahead of Euro 2020.
"It's up to the player and Bayern Munich," he said.
Sane joined City from Schalke in August 2016 for a fee in the region of £37million.
His contract at the Etihad Stadium expires at the end of the 2020-21 campaign.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass