African Player of the Year: Salah to battle Mané, Mahrez for crown
Premier League stars Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané and Riyad Mahrez have been shortlisted for the African Player of the Year award.
Mohamed Salah faces competition from Liverpool team-mate Sadio Mané and Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez in his bid to be named African Player of the Year for the third time in a row.
Mané expected to be Salah's closest challenger
The Premier League stars have been named as the final three contenders for the award, which has belonged to Egypt international Salah for the past two years.
Algeria winger Mahrez won it while still at Leicester City in 2016 but Mané looks to be Salah's closest competitor after twice finishing as runner-up to his fellow Anfield favourite.
Mané has scored freely throughout 2019 and helped Senegal reached the Africa Cup of Nations final, which they lost to Algeria.
And then there are !— CAF (@CAF_Online) December 22, 2019
@MoSalah@LFC - @Pharaohs
@Mahrez22@ManCity - @LesVerts
Sadio Mané @LFC - @FootballSenegal
Who will be crowned the best in Africa on the 7th of January In Hurghada? pic.twitter.com/mc7o47Bk1j
Nchout, Oshoala and Kgatlana up for women's award
Cameroon's Ajara Nchout, Nigeria and Barcelona forward Asisat Oshoala, and last year's winner Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa are shortlisted for the African Women's Player of the Year award.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony in Hurghada, Egypt, on 7 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds