Sky Italia: Atlético Madrid sign Cavani on three year deal
The Uruguayan striker has reportedly penned a three year deal with Atleti and could even leave the Ligue 1 side during the winter market.
It appears the Diego Simeone will soon be adding more firepower to his stuttering striking line with Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio confirming that PSG striker Edinson Cavani and Atlético Madrid have agreed terms which will see the Uruguayan move to Madrid on a three year deal.
At yet, it's not confirmed when the striker will join the LaLiga side. He will be a free agent come June 30th (2020) and there is speculation that he could bring forward his start to life at Atleti with the Spanish paying a symbolic quantity to bring the move forward.
Cavani has found the net in every league he has played in with impressive striking statistics with Italian sides Palermo and Napoli before his move to Paris. The Uruguayan has found the back of the net 387 times in his 661 career matches. With the likes of Mauro Icardi, Neymar Junior and Kylian Mbappé offering stern competition for a place at PSG, the 32-year-old Uruguayan has been granted less and less playing time under German boss Thomas Tuchel.
Atleti currently boast a striking arsenal of Morata, Diego Costa, João Félix, Correa and Saponjic but it's understood that at least one of these will exit to accommodate the arrival of the Uruguayan.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates