Man United: Solskjaer eyes Henderson amid De Gea doubts
United have hired a new goalkeeping coach in a bid to turn around David de Gea's form, but are also ready to take Dean Henderson back to Old Trafford.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is running out of patience with David de Gea, The Athletic says.
With many areas of the United side in need of improvement, goalkeeper might not immediately jump out as a priority position, but De Gea's mistake in December's Premier League defeat to Watford was reportedly the catalyst for the Red Devils' boss to look for alternatives to the Spaniard.
Solskjaer ready to recall Henderson to compete with De Gea
While De Gea has kept three clean sheets in this season's English top flight, on-loan United stopper Dean Henderson has seven at Sheffield United - and the 22-year-old's displays have left Solskjaer ready to take him back to Old Trafford and give him the opportunity to challenge for the number-one shirt.
New goalkeeping coach hired to get De Gea back to best
However, De Gea, who last year signed a new United contract until 2023, is to be given the chance to turn things around, with Burnley goalkeeping coach Craig Mawson appointed recently in a bid to get him back to the form that led him to be named the Premier League's best keeper over the past decade.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers