Real Madrid: Van de Beek to join in summer, says De Telegraaf
Netherlands international midfielder Donny van de Beek is to sign for Real Madrid for 55m euros in the summer, the newspaper De Telegraaf has reported.
An agreement is in place for Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek to move to Real Madrid this summer in a 55m-euro deal, says the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Van de Beek close to signing for Real Madrid last summer
Van de Beek, 22, came close to a switch to Madrid at the end of last season, only for Bernabéu head coach Zinedine Zidane to put the brakes on the transfer over his ongoing desire to sign Manchester United's Paul Pogba.
However, Pogba's high asking price means the French international appears increasingly unlikely to arrive in the Spanish capital, particularly in the wake of Federico Valverde's emergence at Madrid this term.
Capped nine times by the Netherlands, Van de Beek has made 164 Ajax appearances since being given his first-team debut in 2015/16, winning a Dutch league title and a KNVB Cup with the Amsterdam club.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms