Willian José to travel to London with Spurs transfer close
AS understand that the striker has been chosen by Jose Mourinho to replace Harry Kane and a move to the Premier League is close.
Willian José is the man who Jose Mourinho has selected to replace the injured Harry Kane. The club captain is out until April and Spurs will enter the transfer market to sign his substitute. AS can report that everything is in place for the striker to sign with Spurs and will travel to London on Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning.
The Brazilian striker renewed with Real Sociedad until 2024 in October 2018 with a €70 million release clause. In the eventuality of a deal being struck between the clubs, the clause will not be paid.
Willian Jose has been one of the key players under Imanol Alguacil during Real Sociedad's good start to the season. He is the team's top scorer with eight in 21 games. If the deal does get done, Real Sociedad will lose one of their most important players and could enter the market to find a replacement for him before it closes.
The 28-year-old played with Zaragoza and Las Palmas after arriving in Spain to play with Real Madrid Castilla. After arriving in Spain in 2014, he is now set to take up his biggest challenge of his career as he heads to the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers