Real Madrid: Brahim searching to catch Zidane's eye
After refusing the chance to go out on loan in this January window, the Málaga-born lad will likely get more Copa minutes to impress the boss.
Brahim Díaz has another opportunity against Zaragoza to demonstrate to Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane that he is worth his place in the first team squad. In fact, the Copa del Rey has proven to be a useful competition for doing just that.
Copa could make Brahim's day
Despite the club suggesting that it was the right step to take, Brahim chose to refuse a loan move away from the Spanish capital and instead wanted to stay and fight for his place. Getting minutes on the pitch, though, has not been easy.
Against Unionistas in the last round of the domestic cup he was handed 37 minutes. That was enough to see him provide an assist and bag a goal himself. Clearly the level of opposition was taken into account but he, at least, showed signs that he had something to give. His previous 40 minutes were shared out over four matches and bore no fruit.
Zidane has, as expected, shuffled his pack, but still has Vinicius and Lucas Vázquez ahead of Brahim who must, once again, wait for his chance in the second half.
The former Manchester City player stayed with Los Blancos playing the long game. He knows that opportunities are likely to arise, whether making cameo appearances, or due to injuries in areas where he can provide a solution. He believes that his time will come and tonight's clash may be just that.
The player, beyond his objectives with Madrid, also has aspirations to be on the place to the Olympic Games in the summer with the Spanish team. This is a complicated ask for the 18-year old, with plenty of competition for places, and he knows that minutes under Zidane are a must, and for that he must prove himself when it appears.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?