Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done - transfer news
Negotiations with Valencia for forward Rodrigo have reportedly come to a halt, with Barcelona set to look elsewhere to find cover for Luis Suárez.
Barcelona have seemingly given up on their pursuit of Rodrigo, while Manchester United are finally getting their man.
LaLiga giants Barça are eyeing a forward with Luis Suárez set to miss most of the rest of the season due to a knee injury. But while they reportedly targeted Rodrigo, their bid to land the Valencia forward appears over.
Meanwhile, a long-running saga is set to come to an end in Manchester.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA GIVE UP ON RODRIGO
'Rodrigo no' reads the cover of Sport, which reports Barcelona have stopped negotiations with Valencia for the forward.
The report says Barça cannot reach an economic agreement with Valencia, but are considering other options in their bid to sign a forward.
Rodrigo has scored just two goals in 18 LaLiga games for Valencia this season.
- It is finally set to be over. Bruno Fernandes' move from Sporting CP to Manchester United is practically done, according to Record. The Premier League club will pay £46.5million (€55m) for the midfielder, plus £8.5m (€10m) in add-ons with the potential for a further £12.7m (€15m).
- There could be some movement at Stamford Bridge in the coming days. AS reports Roma have made contact with Chelsea regarding Pedro, who has made just five Premier League appearances this season.
- Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are ready to launch bids for Atlético Madrid midfielder Thomas Lemar, according to The Sun. The LaLiga club want £51m (€60.3m) for the Frenchman.
- Also at Spurs, the Mirror reports Tottenham are set to sign PSV attacker Steven Bergwijn for £25.4m (€30m).
- Pablo Mari's move to Arsenal appears set to become official. Globo Esporte reports the Flamengo defender will join the Premier League club on loan until June, with his club receiving £4.2m (€5m) and Arsenal holding an option to make the move permanent.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash