Real Madrid: no Hazard, no Bale for Atlético at the Bernabéu
Zinedine Zidane has chosen to play it safe with the Belgian, who has only trained twice with the first-team squad, while the Welshman is also missing.
Eden Hazard will not play any part in Saturday's Derbi as Real Madrid welcome city rivals Atlético Madrid to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Madrid without Hazard and Bale
The Belgian, who has not played since 26 November against PSG, when his compatriot Meunier injured his right ankle, has, as expected, been left off the list. He has only completed two training sessions with the group and, although he is looking sharp, Zinedine Zidane has opted to give him a few more days before throwing him back into competitive action.
The Frenchman has shown before that he is not keen on advancing the return of injured players, and with his new galáctico he knows that there are more key games ahead. Hazard, who has already missed 14 games, will get minutes next week, either against Real Sociedad in the Copa del Rey, or against Osasuna in LaLiga.
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, James, Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Jović, Vinicius Jr.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers