Simeone: "Of course there is concern"
Diego Simeone admitted there are reasons for concern after Atlético's defeat to Madrid, but is hopeful the return of injured players will help to turn the situation around.
Simeone post-match interview
Feelings after hard defeat: “We played a good game. The first half was very good, we had chances and we didn't take advantage of them. In the second half they started well, made a nice play for the goal and in the end we pushed but we couldn't get a draw. Now we’ll continue working and thinking about the next game.”
Real Madrid system change: "It was normal, I thought they were going to play that way. They have players on the bench and they can take advantage of them”
Morata's change: "He came off because he took a big blow. I didn't know if he was injured. That's why I decided to take him off.
Morata penalty claim: "There is the VAR, the referee, the fourth official. I didn’t see it."
What does Atléti have to do to end the doubts? "Win".
Simeone press conference statements
You started well, but had no success in front of goal: “You said it perfectly. The first half was good, we played the way we wanted. The second half they started well, they made an important connection and in the end my team kept their pride in the search for a draw. We were left with the feeling that we could have found a draw.”
Without Morata there was a tremendous downturn, does it reflect the shortcomings of your squad? “The game during the first half was very good. In the second half, Madrid were superior from the beginning with Morata on the grass. Then he had to come off. We thought that Camello, who is an international in the underage categories, had the characteristics to give us the support in the last few minutes. Carrasco has not played for a long time. Lemar could not respond to the game in what way we needed between the lines and we could not find the goal”.
Is there concern about the situation you are going through? “Of course there is. We must work to improve. There are casualties that will come back and give us the chance to continue competing.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem