Marco Fabián set to play with Xavi's Al-Sadd in Qatar
Al-Sadd have reached an agreement with the Mexican midfielder, who will become the team's fifth foreign player and will join them on Tuesday in Doha.
After playing for a whole year with Philadelphia Union, Marco Fabián will join Xavi's Al-Sadd in Qatar this season. The club announced the transfer on Monday on Twitter and he will be joining the team today in Doha for the medical and routine procedures each new player goes through.
The Mexican will be the fifth foreign player of Al-Sadd and he should be presented this week. In February 2018, Philadelphia signed Fabián on a Designated Player contract from Eintracht Frankfurt, with the midfielder managing to score seven goals in 23 games for the MLS team.
الزعيم يتفق مع المكسيكي مارك فابيان للإنضمام لصفوف الفريق خلال الفترة المقبلة كمحترف أجنبي خامس ، وسيصل اللاعب غداً لإتمام الفحص الطبي والإجراءات الروتينية قبل التوقيع والإعلان الرسمي.#السد pic.twitter.com/wvMCVL5pfm— AlSadd S.C | نادي السد (@AlsaddSC) February 3, 2020
Fabián struggled with injuries throughout the 2019 MLS season, just like he did in his time at Frankfurt, and he only played 15 out of 34 games.
Recommended in English
- BOXING WBC orders Tyson Fury to defend title against Dillian Whyte
- NFL How does Mac Jones' first year compare to Tom Brady's first year?
- NFL Washington's Fitzpatrick needs hip surgery, out rest of season
- NBA The NBA will restrict unvaccinated player travel
- NBA Who are the NBA's all-time leaders in triple-doubles?
- MLB Will Barry Bonds get into the MLB Hall of Fame? Why isn't he in already?