Jozy Altidore mocks Dallas for using Mexican stars as a marketing gimmick
Altidore made fun of FC Dallas for using the big name Mexican stars who play for LAFC, Kansas and Galaxy to advertise games at their stadium.
The 25th season of the Major League Soccer will boast some of the top Mexican players who are on the books at some of the league's 26 teams. Players like Javier Hernandez who has joined up with fellow country man Jonathan Dos Santos at Los Angeles Galaxy. Carlos Vela, the league's MVP, is in his third season with LAFC while Sporting Kansas City signed Alan Pulido for the upcoming season.
All four Mexican players promise to light up this year's competition - and the interest is so great that FC Dallas decided to use these players as a marketing tool for when they visit them at their stadium. The Texan outfit is offering a promotional package starting from $45 to attract fans to the ground when LAFC, Galaxy and Kansas visits them this season.
“Chicharito, Pulido and Vela will be making appearances here at the Toyota Stadium this season and you can be there to see all of them play. Get our Mexican Superstars Package and get your tickets to the three games for as low as $45!” tweeted the official FC Dallas account.
Jozy Altidore stunned
Lmao y’all not for real. Can’t be 🤦🏿♂️ 🤣— Jozy Altidore (@JozyAltidore) February 10, 2020
When the news broke, Jozy Altidore, who has played for Toronto since 2015, used his Twitter account to mock FC Dallas for their bizarre promotion, “LMAO Y’all not for real. Can’t be,” wrote the former US men's national team player.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers