Leipzig thrash Werder to replace Bayern at Bundesliga summit
Bayern Munich will need to beat Cologne on Sunday to get top spot back from RB Leipzig, who beat Werder Bremen 3-0 at the Red Bull Arena.
RB Leipzig went top of the Bundesliga following a 3-0 victory over Werder Bremen at the Red Bull Arena on Saturday.
With Bayern Munich not in action until an away game against Cologne on Sunday, Julian Nagelsmann's team took advantage and moved two points clear of the reigning champions.
Mukiele at the double
Lukas Klostermann swept home Patrik Schick's knockdown for the opener in the 17th minute and the Czech striker headed in one of his own from Dani Olmo's delivery before half-time.
Wing-back Nordi Mukiele added a cool finish to Konrad Laimer's pass just 34 seconds into the second half and Leipzig coasted to a first win in five games in all competitions.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes