Leipzig thrash Werder to replace Bayern at Bundesliga summit
Bayern Munich will need to beat Cologne on Sunday to get top spot back from RB Leipzig, who beat Werder Bremen 3-0 at the Red Bull Arena.
RB Leipzig went top of the Bundesliga following a 3-0 victory over Werder Bremen at the Red Bull Arena on Saturday.
With Bayern Munich not in action until an away game against Cologne on Sunday, Julian Nagelsmann's team took advantage and moved two points clear of the reigning champions.
Mukiele at the double
Lukas Klostermann swept home Patrik Schick's knockdown for the opener in the 17th minute and the Czech striker headed in one of his own from Dani Olmo's delivery before half-time.
Wing-back Nordi Mukiele added a cool finish to Konrad Laimer's pass just 34 seconds into the second half and Leipzig coasted to a first win in five games in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises