Reinier has arrived in Madrid
Real Madrid's new Brazilian signing arrived in the capital on Saturday on a flight from Rio de Janeiro. Tonight, he'll be at the Bernabéu to watch the Celta game.
Real Madrid's latest Brazilian signing Reinier Jesús has arrived in Madrid. The 18-year-old arrived in the Spanish capital early on Saturday morning after taking a direct flight from Rio de Janeiro. Before flying out to Madrid, Reinier was given a few days' off to rest following his involvement in the Pre-Olympics tournament with Brazil's Under-23s. The player will be at the Bernabéu later this evening to watch the league game against Celta. While nothing has been confirmed by the club, it is expected that Reinier will be officially presented at the Bernabéu next week - according to La Sexta programme Jugones, Reinier could be unveiled on Tuesday 18th.
Reinier could make his debut against Sanse
For Reinier, his short-term future lies with Real Madrid Castilla. There are no available places in the first team squad so he will start off playing for the reserves. The club have handed him the number 19 jersey. Between now and the end of the season, Reinier will have the chance to play at least 13 games with Raúl's Castilla side, who are four points off the play-off places. After today's meeting with Rayo Majadahonda, Castilla are next in action on Sunday 23rd, hosting Sanse at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium - a game in which Reinier could make his debut.
Reinier could even start training with his new team mates before his presentation. He's match-fit, having played six games for Brazil's Under-23s last month in which the Verdeamarela booked their ticket for the Tokyo Olympics.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up