Madrid's slip-up prompts optimism from Catalan press
A late Santi Mina goal for Celta saw valuable points escape at the Santiago Bernabéu with the result prompting an sense of optimism from the Catalan sports press.
Real Madrid's 2-2 draw with Celta Vigo at the Santiago Bernabéu on Sunday night graces the front covers of both Catalan based sports dailies, Sport and Mundo Deportivo.
As the March 1st "El Clasico" looms, Zidane's men hold a slender one point lead over Barça with the Catalan side facing SD Eibar at Camp Nou next Saturday as Madrid face a tricky away date at Levante later the same day.
"Just one point behind", is the headline on Mundo Deportivo with Sport going with: "Plenty of noise but not so much of a lead" headline. Sport also allude to Getafe's Ángel being earmarked as the striker to replace long-term absentee Ousmane Dembéle.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7