Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Croatia to play in Doha
The Qatar Airways International Cup will take place in Doha from 26-30 March as a Euro 2020 warm-up with the Education City Stadium to host.
The Education City Stadium in Doha is set to host a pre-Euro 2020 warm-up tournament featuring European champions Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Croatia and will serve to inaugurate the World Cup 2022 venue ahead of the Euros this summer. The mini-tournament will take place from 26-30 March, 2020.
The Education City Stadium was due to host one semi-final, the final and the third-placed playoff games of the 2019 Club World Cup in Qatar last December but the The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC), the organisation in charge of World Cup venue preparation, decided instead to stage the matches Jassim bin Hamad Stadium and the Khalifa International Stadium in order to carry out further work at the Education City Stadium before using it for matches.
Education City Stadium ready for Euro 2020 warm-up
The World Cup venue has a capacity of 45,000 spectators and the seats have all been painted green to highlight the SC’s commitment to staging a carbon-free tournament in 2022. After the World Cup, the capacity will be reduced to 25,000 for use by teams representing Qatar University.
The Education City Stadium is due to host group stage and quarter-final round games of the 2022 World Cup with the 80,000-seat Lusail Stadium set to stage the semi-finals and final of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift