Real Madrid: Pique expects to be fit for Bernabeu El Clasico
Radio stations SER Catalunya and RAC state that the Barça defender won't undergo tests on his ankle and should be available for selection for the Real Madrid clash.
Gerard Piqué has handed Quique Setién a selection boost ahead of El Clásico against Real Madrid on 1 March by stating privately that he expects to be fit for the crunch Liga fixture in the Bernabéu.
Piqué limped out of the 1-1 draw at Napoli after turning an ankle late on but according to Catalonian radio stations RAC and Ser Catalunya he will not need to undergo tests on the injury and will instead work with the club’s physiotherapists to iron out the issue before Sunday’s game in Madrid.
Piqué ready for Real Madrid
The Barça defender went off after the injury in the San Paolo but asked Setién not to substitute him in case he was able to continue, which was an indication that the injury was not serious. However, the Barça boss did not want to risk having nine men on the pitch after Arturo Vidal’s dismissal and sent on Clément Lenglet as a precaution.
And according to SER and RAC, Piqué is confident he will be fully fit and ready to face Real Madrid in the Bernabéu, where Barcelona will be without Jordi Alba and Sergi Roberto at the back as they seek to defend a two-point lead at the top of the table.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?