Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
Piqué limped out of the Napoli game late on and is a doubt for the Clásico on Sunday night as Barcelona's poor squad planning continues to haunt them.
Gerard Piqué is a major doubt for Sunday's El Clásico after limping out of the Napoli game on Tuesday night.
In the final stages of Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) tie in Naples, Piqué fell awkwardly and immediately called to the Barça bench for assistance.
French international Lenglet replaced him and the defender looked to be in some pain a he hobbled from the San Paolo pitch.
Jordi Alba is already out for the Bernabéu clash, along with longer term absentees, Ousmané Dembélé and Luis Suárez. Barcelona are thin on replacements and if the Catalan defender fails to be fit for the game, everything points to Setien pairing Lenglet and Umtiti in the central defensive roles in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster