Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
Piqué limped out of the Napoli game late on and is a doubt for the Clásico on Sunday night as Barcelona's poor squad planning continues to haunt them.
Gerard Piqué is a major doubt for Sunday's El Clásico after limping out of the Napoli game on Tuesday night.
In the final stages of Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) tie in Naples, Piqué fell awkwardly and immediately called to the Barça bench for assistance.
French international Lenglet replaced him and the defender looked to be in some pain a he hobbled from the San Paolo pitch.
Jordi Alba is already out for the Bernabéu clash, along with longer term absentees, Ousmané Dembélé and Luis Suárez. Barcelona are thin on replacements and if the Catalan defender fails to be fit for the game, everything points to Setien pairing Lenglet and Umtiti in the central defensive roles in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth