Valencia fan in Milan last week for UCL tie tests positive for coronavirus
The 44-year-old supporter was in Milan for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) with Atlanta playing their games in Milan's San Siro stadium.
A 44-year-old Valencia CF supporter present in Milan last week for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) at Milan's San Siro stadium, has tested positive with the Covid-19 virus it was confirmed on Thursday morning.
The news emerged early on Thursday in a communique by the local Valencia health board (La Conselleria de Sanidad de la Generalitat Valenciana), with the man currently being treated at the Hospital Clínico Universitario de València.
The spread of the coronavirus throughout Europe has already had repercussions on football, with several games in Italy being suspended last weekend after other sporting events the world over were postponed or cancelled as authorities struggle to contain daily spikes in reported cases of Covid-19. The latest case is one of the four Valencia fans who were placed in self-isolation by the regional government after reporting symptoms of the virus following the Champions League game between Los Che and Atalanta last week, and Valencia CF are now considering the extraordinary measure of refusing entry to Mestalla to 2,377 away ticket holders for the return leg on March 10.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up