Cristiano: "I'm convinced Juventus will make the quarter finals"
The Juventus forward feels confident that the team will turn around the 1-0 first leg defeat to Olympique Lyon in the return in Turin on 17 March.
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is convinced that his team will be able to resolve their Champions League Last 16 tie against Olympique Lyon, despite losing the first leg 1-0. Lucas Tousart's first half strike was all that separated the two teams in Wednesday's first leg in Lyon but Cristiano sees Juve in the quarter finals.
"What happened in Lyon can happen, it's football, we're not happy for the game we put in but these things can happen in the Champions League. It's always difficult but we still have the return leg to play; we are confident that we can get back in the tie, get a result and advance to the next round", Cristiano declared in an interview with Sky Sport Italy. "But our priority right now is making sure we win our next games - the Champions League will come later. We're relaxed and focused".
Juventus take on third-place Inter Milan this weekend
Wednesday's defeat in Lyon has shook Juventus who, despite sitting top of Serie A with a one-point advantage over Lazio and three ahead of Inter Milan, who they face on Sunday, haven't looking convincing in recent outings and have struggled in Europe. "The Champions League is the toughest competition, every team you play is difficult and there are no easy games. But we'll be playing at home, with our fans behind us. I'm convinced that we will go through", Cristiano ended.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?