Cristiano Ronaldo's mother suffers stroke in Portugal
Dolores Aveiro underwent an urgent operation after suffering a stroke in Portugal and is currently recovering at Doctor Nelio Hospital in Mendonça de Funchal.
Dolores Aveiro, mother of Cristiano Ronaldo, has suffered a stroke this Tuesday morning.
According to Portuguese press reports, she was admitted to Doctor Nelio Hospital in Mendonça de Funchal, Portugal and underwent an urgent operation after falling ill earlier on Tuesday morning.
Ronaldo not present but has been informed
The 65-year-old mother and grandmother is currently in the hospital’s intensive care unit and surrounded by some of her children. Cristiano is not currently present but has been informed of the situation.
Ms. Aveiro is reportedly stable and conscious but they will have to wait between 12 to 24 hours for doctors to evaluate the true extent of the damage.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The mother of the Juventus star has an active presence on social media and as recently as Sunday had uploaded a photo on her Instagram, wishing her two million followers a good day.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness