Cristiano Ronaldo's mother suffers stroke in Portugal
Dolores Aveiro underwent an urgent operation after suffering a stroke in Portugal and is currently recovering at Doctor Nelio Hospital in Mendonça de Funchal.
Dolores Aveiro, mother of Cristiano Ronaldo, has suffered a stroke this Tuesday morning.
According to Portuguese press reports, she was admitted to Doctor Nelio Hospital in Mendonça de Funchal, Portugal and underwent an urgent operation after falling ill earlier on Tuesday morning.
Ronaldo not present but has been informed
The 65-year-old mother and grandmother is currently in the hospital’s intensive care unit and surrounded by some of her children. Cristiano is not currently present but has been informed of the situation.
Ms. Aveiro is reportedly stable and conscious but they will have to wait between 12 to 24 hours for doctors to evaluate the true extent of the damage.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The mother of the Juventus star has an active presence on social media and as recently as Sunday had uploaded a photo on her Instagram, wishing her two million followers a good day.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes