Real Madrid: Trabzonspor striker Sorloth rules out Bernabéu move
The 24-year-old Norway international has been attracting interest from across Europe after his performaces for the Turkish side this season.
Alexander Sörloth has emerged as a target for Real Madrid in recent days after the Norway international striker, on loan at Trabzonspor from Crystal Palace, has caught the eye in the Europa League and domestically this season.
Sörloth has banged in 24 goals and provided six assists in 35 games for the Turkish side so far in 2019-20 and has attracted interest from the Premier League - Newcastle, Aston Villa and Sheffield United have all registered as interest – as well as emerging as a surprise target for Madrid.
Sörloth a cut-price Mariano replacement at Madrid
Zinedine Zidane’s side have been linked with the likes of Erling Haaland, Timo Werner and Lautaro Martínez throughout the current campaign but are likely to face stiff competition for the Dortmund, Leipzig and Inter forwards, not least from Barcelona who are also in the market for a new striker.
Luka Jovic has failed to make much of an impact since arriving last summer for 60m from Eintracht Frankfurt while Zidane’s other back-up forward, Mariano, played his first Liga game of the season in the Clásico. Despite scoring just seconds after coming on, the 26-year-old has not moved up the pecking order under the Madrid boss and will in all likelihood be moved on in the summer. "Jovic is ahead of him. Mariano is the third striker,” Zidane said after the Barcelona game.
On the links to Madrid, Sörloth said: “I have seen the rumours. There are always many… I’ve read about it and I keep getting told about teams that are interested. However, I am focused only on Trabzonspor. There’s a great sense of team spirit here and we want to win. It would be irresponsible and inappropriate to talk about a transfer at the moment.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher