Real Madrid: Hazard targets Euros after successful surgery
The Belgium international will remain in the US while he awaits the green light as he aims to be 100 percent fit for the European Championships.
Eden Hazard has undergone surgery in the USA on a fracture to his right distal fibula, an ongoing issue that has kept the Belgium international on the sidelines on and off all season after his move to Real Madrid from Chelsea last summer. Hazard has been limited to just 15 appearances for Zinedine Zidane’s side in 2019-20, scoring once and providing five assists in all competitions.
Hazard was operated on by renowned surgeon Dr. Eugene Curry at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas on Thursday and will remain there under observation until given the green light to return to Madrid. Once back, the Belgian is expected to be out of action for between two and three months, with the prognostic suggesting his layoff will be closer to three.
Hazard targeting Euros with Madrid season over
Hazard is unlikely to feature for Real Madrid during the run-in towards the end of the current season but has his sights set on making a full recovery to be fit and ready for the European Championships with Belgium. The tournament is scheduled to start on 12 June when Italy host Turkey in Rome, with the Red Devils in action a day later against Russia in Saint Petersburg.
However, there are serious concerns at UEFA about the viability of staging a tournament across 12 countries with some 2.5 million tickets available due to the spread of the coronavirus in Europe.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx