Tahith Chong: Manchester United youngster set to sign new deal
Tahith Chong's agents have confirmed that the 20-year-old is to pen a new, long-term contract at the Premier League club.
Tahith Chong is signing a new contract with Manchester United, his agents have confirmed.
Chong has been linked with Barcelona, Inter and Juve
Chong has been rumoured to be on his way out of the club, with Barcelona, Inter and Juventus all interested in signing him on a free transfer when his current deal expires in the summer, but the 20-year-old is now set to remain in Manchester.
United offered him new terms a few months ago and boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given Chong a chance to prove himself in the first team this season. The young winger has made 10 appearances in 2019/20, albeit only three have come in the Premier League (totalling 32 minutes). His good form has also been rewarded at international level, as he has earned call-ups to the Netherlands Under-21 side.
"A lot of interest" in Chong, says player's agent
Erkan Alkan, his agent, said: "There was a lot of interest. We talked to big clubs, but Manchester United came up with a good plan for Tahith."
Chong will put pen to paper on a deal worth around £30,000 per week, according to reports.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"