Bayern-Chelsea UCL tie to be staged without spectators
German outlet 'Sport Bild' claim that the Champions League Round of 16 game will be staged in Munich behind closed doors.
According to German outlet "Sport Bild", the return leg of the Round of 16 Champions League clash between Bayern Munich and Chelsea at the Allianz Arena will also be staged behind closed doors with the German side leading the tie following a 0-3 win at Stamford Bridge in the first leg.
Bundesliga reacts to Covid-19 concerns
The ongoing coronavirus threat has also seen the Bundesliga react with the scheduled local derby between Borussia Monchenglabach and Koln (kick off Wednesday March 11 at 18:30 CET) also to be staged without spectators as a cautionary method. This will be the first ever game in the top flight of German football to be played in an empty arena.
The Ruhr derby will take place behind closed doors 📝— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) March 10, 2020
Saturday's Revierderby at the Signal Iduna park between Dortmund and Schalke 04 has also been has been identified as a potential lrisk by the Federal Ministry of Health and as a consequence will also be staged behind closed doors with other games also at risk as coronavirus concerns grow.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift