Coronavirus: Paolo and Daniel Maldini test positive
Milan icon Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel, who plays as a forward for the Serie A club, have both tested positive for COVID-19.
Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel have tested positive for coronavirus, Milan have confirmed.
Italy has been in lockdown for almost two weeks as its government attempt to contain the coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed the lives of 4,825 people in the country.
On Saturday, Juventus star Paulo Dybala confirmed he and his girlfriend had been diagnosed with COVID-19, though he added they were both in good condition.
Dybala is the third Juve player to test positive after Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi and Milan have now confirmed club legend Maldini – the club's technical director – had tested positive, along with his son Daniel, who made his first-team debut for the Rossoneri in February.
"Milan confirms that Paolo Maldini, the club's technical director, became aware of contact with a person who subsequently tested positive for coronavirus and began to display symptoms of the virus himself," a club statement said.
"He was administered with a swab test yesterday, the result of which was positive. His son Daniel, a forward in Milan's youth team who had previously been training with the first team, also tested positive.
"Paolo and Daniel are both well and have already completed two weeks at home without contact with others.
"They will now remain in quarantine until clinically recovered, as per the medical protocols outlined by the health authorities."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play