Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo has revealed details about a secret meeting that took place last September between Neymar’s father and Bartomeu.
“The Neymar thing was pending; we will talk about him again” – so came the declaration from within Camp Nou back in November after last summer’s operation for the PSG star failed to materialise.
Barcelona Josep President has not given up on bringing the Brazilian back to Camp Nou, mainly in a bid to please captain Lionel Messi, who has not been shy about expressing his desire to play alongside the Brazilian once again.
Neymar Sr. and Bartomeu's meeting
In its latest edition this Saturday, Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo has revealed details about a meeting that took place last September between Neymar’s father and Bartomeu at Barcelona’s Hotel Arts, where the pair discussed ways to settle the player’s ongoing lawsuit with the club.
In the meeting, Neymar's father proposed to withdraw the lawsuit, in which the player had demanded 26 million euros in relation to unpaid bonuses, but in exchange wanted Barcelona to commit to signing the player in writing.
However, the club refused to sign the document, because it would have given PSG grounds to report them to FIFA for improper conduct. As a result, very much like the operation of bringing Neymar back to Camp Nou , the matter of the lawsuit has remained on standby.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer