Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo has revealed details about a secret meeting that took place last September between Neymar’s father and Bartomeu.
“The Neymar thing was pending; we will talk about him again” – so came the declaration from within Camp Nou back in November after last summer’s operation for the PSG star failed to materialise.
Barcelona Josep President has not given up on bringing the Brazilian back to Camp Nou, mainly in a bid to please captain Lionel Messi, who has not been shy about expressing his desire to play alongside the Brazilian once again.
Neymar Sr. and Bartomeu's meeting
In its latest edition this Saturday, Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo has revealed details about a meeting that took place last September between Neymar’s father and Bartomeu at Barcelona’s Hotel Arts, where the pair discussed ways to settle the player’s ongoing lawsuit with the club.
In the meeting, Neymar's father proposed to withdraw the lawsuit, in which the player had demanded 26 million euros in relation to unpaid bonuses, but in exchange wanted Barcelona to commit to signing the player in writing.
However, the club refused to sign the document, because it would have given PSG grounds to report them to FIFA for improper conduct. As a result, very much like the operation of bringing Neymar back to Camp Nou , the matter of the lawsuit has remained on standby.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands