Pumas manager worried about players that haven’t renewed contracts
Pumas manager Michel expressed his concerns about players whose contracts expire in June of this year because it will affect the team's chemistry.
Football has stopped in the majority parts of the world, including Mexico, due to the coronavirus pandemic. While Liga MX bosses figure out when can they continue playing the tournament, Pumas is worried about the future of their players as a lot of them will be free agents in June of this year.
Some of the important players that have not renewed their contracts are Victor Malcorra, Luis Quintana and Alfredo Saldivar who form part of the starting eleven this semester with Pumas.
"Thee footballers that know their contract will expire in six months are free to negotiate a contract with another team in Mexico. I think that it would be better if a player that played for Pumas couldn’t compete against us in the next tournament,” said Michel.
Pumas was one of the best teams in the first few weeks of the Clausura 2020, although, before the tournament was postponed, they hadn’t won in their last three matches. Michel thinks that the players whose contracts are going to expire may be distracted about their future and that is affecting the chemistry of the team.
“I think we have three players whose contracts are going to expire this June and maybe their head is somewhere else and they don’t play as well as they did in the beginning of the tournament. And you can’t force them to perform better.”
According to Transfermarkt the contracts of nine players from Pumas will expire in the summer and the majority are part of the current starting eleven this year. Victory Malcorra, Luis Quintana, Alfredo Saldivar, Martin Barragan, Pablo Barrera, Alan Mozo and Andres Iniestra will be free agents in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem