Ajax star Sergino Dest would like to play in the MLS
America's new wonder boy is currently playing with Ajax in Amsterdam but he would like to play in Major League Soccer at some point in his career.
Sergino Dest is amongst the new generation of talented footballers for the United States Men's National Team (USMNT) and he made his professional debut in 2018 with Ajax in the Netherlands. This year he has shown so much improvement that some of the biggest clubs in Europe have shown an interest in signing the 19-year-old defender.
Dest has a contract with Ajax until 2022 and even though he plans to stay in Europe right now, he would like to play in the MLS at some point in his career, “I do see myself playing in MLS but when I am much older. I would like to play in New York but it can be any team from the league and Los Angeles could be another option. There are so many amazing cities in America,” said Dest during an interview with Touzani TV.
Sergino Dest is a Dutch-born American footballer who chose to play for the USMNT and has participated in the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup and the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where he played four games. He made his debut for the U.S. men’s senior team on 6 September 2019 starting and playing 68 minutes in a 3-0 friendly loss against Mexico.
Bayern Munich has shown interest in Dest
Before all the leagues got postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic affecting the entire planet, Dest confirmed that Bayern Munich had showed interest in signing him this summer. When the news broke Ajax decided to put a 30-million-euro price tag of the defender.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem