Casillas' proposal to split the season in two
The setbacks caused by the coronavirus leaves an infinite number of bad consequences and things that can be considered good: the postponement of the Spanish football federation (RFEF) elections until they can take place is a good thing. Rubiales wanted to move them forward and hold them before the Euros and the Olympic Games. The new State Secretary, Irene Lozano, president Pedro Sánchez' copyist, gave the go-ahead despite TAD's ruling against it. There are two TAD's (sport's administration). There was the one Rubiales found first that said no and the other one, which has been renewed with people of his liking and who agreed with his vision, or that of his sponsors.
The elections held at the earlier date would not have given Casillas, the only challenger, much hope of winning. The earlier elections gave Rubiales a very clear advantage that would have made them look like a formality. It's not that you need to be for one or the other but I think that elections are a good chance for the one in power to listen and feel out the scale of their tasks, in order to contrast ideas and come up with initiatives. It's bad that there are none at Real Madrid, where Florentino Pérez has made the prerequisites to run almost impossible to meet. In LaLiga too where Tebas, for one reason or another, does not hold elections.
Casillas starts the campaign with a proposal that is already out in the open: extend the season until the end of the year if it can not be completed before the summer. And then? It will finish within the calendar year until the World Cup in November 2022. Seasons split in two by the summer when we will play the Euros, the Olympics and vacation. Seasons split into two, like they do in Russia because of the cold and Argentina because of the heat. Forever? When will we return to the traditional August to June calendar? That will have to be discussed. But if this is delayed, we will have to give up the current season for dead or look for a way to save them.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?