Lautaro Martínez is a perfect fit for Barcelona says Pizzi
Juan Antonio Pizzi spoke about Lautaro Martinez, who continues to be linked with a move to Barcelona as they look for a Luis Suàrez replacement.
Inter star Lautaro Martinez would be the "ideal striker" for LaLiga champions Barcelona, according to Juan Antonio Pizzi.
Martinez has reportedly emerged as Barca's top transfer target, with the Spanish giants keen to sign a long-term replacement for veteran forward Suarez.
Barca's LaLiga rivals Real Madrid are also reportedly interested, while Premier League powerhouses Manchester United and Manchester City have both been linked.
Former Barca striker Pizzi – who also spent time in charge of Chile and Saudi Arabia – backed the 22-year-old Argentina international for a transfer to Camp Nou.
"Lautaro Martinez more than Kun [Sergio] Aguero is the prototype of the new forward that would fit Barca," Argentina-born ex-Spain international Pizzi told EFE.
"He already proved what he can do with Argentina, with Racing and Inter. He seems the ideal striker for the way Barcelona play their football.
"Even in one of the toughest leagues in the world, in Italy, he has still been able to play at a very high level."
Martinez swapped Racing Club for Inter in 2018 and he has quickly established himself as one of the most sought-after forwards in European football.
He has scored 25 goals in total since joining Inter from Racing Club in Argentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card