Ronald Koeman brought to hospital with chest pains
The Dutch national team manager suffered chest pain after exercising and underwent a procedure but is expected to return home on Monday.
Dutch manager, Ronald Koeman, was taken to hospital in an ambulance on Sunday with a problem with his heart, according to newspaper De Telegraaf. The 57-year-old underwent a medical procedure and is stable thanks to the work of medical personnel.
The former Barcelona player felt strong pains in his chest after training on his bicycle and was brought to hospital. He is expected to stay there overnight and return home on Monday.
Doctors inserted a catheter, a procedure used to aid with a particularly narrow or blocked artery.
The Dutch national football federation released a statement saying: "Ronald Koeman was hospitalised on Sunday evening after chest complaints. The 57-year-old national team coach of the Dutch national team has undergone a successful cardiac catheterisation and will return home tomorrow. We wish Ronald a lot of strength and improvement."
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement