Walt Disney World Resort to reopen: dates, safety measures
Having had to close due to the coronavirus pandemic, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is to reopen its theme parks in July, the company said on Wednesday.
Walt Disney World Resort has announced that it intends to reopen its theme parks in Bay Lake, Florida, in July.
Phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort parks
In a statement on Wednesday, Disney said the Magic Kingdom Park and Animal Kingdom were both slated to open on 11 July, with Epcot and Hollywood Studios set to follow suit on 15 July.
The plans still require the approval of Orange County and Florida's state government.
Disney reports $1.4bn fall in profits amid Covid-19 closures
Having had to shut its 12 theme parks across the world earlier this year as a result of the coronavirus crisis, Disney this month said that losses at its parks had accounted for $1 billion of a company-wide $1.4-billion drop in profits during the last quarter.
We’re pleased to share plans for the phased reopening of @WaltDisneyWorld Resort Theme Parks, Resort Hotels and Disney Stores. Learn more on the @DisneyParks Blog: https://t.co/T6xSgfVddW pic.twitter.com/LnoVYuWQ8T— Disney Parks News (@DisneyParksNews) May 27, 2020
The move to reopen the gates of Walt Disney World Resort comes on the back of Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Springs recommencing business recently.
Measures for safe Disney World reopening
To avoid the spread of the coronavirus at the reopened resort, Disney said it would be putting in place "enhanced safety protocols based upon applicable guidance from health authorities and government agencies".
- Reducing the capacity of the resort’s parks
- Requiring employees and visitors to wear "appropriate face coverings"
- Pre-entry temperature screenings for employees and visitors
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures in “high-traffic” areas
- Encouraging cashless transactions
- Suspending parades and other events that “draw large group gatherings”
You’ll find more information on the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort here.
Live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...