Coronavirus: Jadon Sancho and four Dortmund players face quarantine for breaking hygiene rules
The five players broke the hygiene protocol by having their hair cut by a barber who did not wear a face mask. They may now be forced to serve a 14-day quarantine.
Tension at Borussia Dortmund. A visit to the barbers could cost Jadon Sancho, Alex Witsel, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Manuel Akanji and Raphael Guerreiro dear. German dailies Bild and Ruhr Nachrichten report that the five BVB players broke the hygiene protocol which is in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus after being visited by a private barber who cut their hair but without wearing a protective mask. Nor was the club informed about the visit which means that all five players could face a fine and may be placed into a 14-day quarantine if the German Football Federation decides they should be kept apart.
Barber removed mask only for photographs
The barber is Winnie Nana Karkari, known as, 'Fresh Prince The Barber' who works in Düsseldorf, and paid the players a private visit at their homes to give them a unique hair styling. The photographs were uploaded on Instagram, however Karkari told Bild that he only removed his mask for the purpose of the photographs. The newspaper adds that, the barber is meticulous when it comes to matters regarding hygiene.
Borussia Dortmund have released a statement, explaining that "it's normal that our boys need a haircut after such a long time in confinement. But what is not acceptable is that they do so without masks. It's a matter which we have emphasised and made very clear. The barber should also question his comportment".
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up