Kanye West launches college fund for George Floyd's daughter
The rapper started a college fund for Floyd's six-year-old daughter, Gianna Floyd, following a week of protests across the nation for the Black Lives Matter movement.
It's been revealed that Kanye West has made donations totalling $2 million to charities associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd and has set up a college fund to cover tuition for Floyd’s 6-year-old daughter Gianna. The rapper has pledged to cover legal costs for both the Arbery and Taylor families.
The news was confirmed via the musicians representative as protests continue both in the US and overseas in the wake of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis on 25 May.
Once an avid Twitter user, West has yet to speak out publicly about the killing of Floyd but yesterday participated in a protest in his native Chicago.
Kanye West joins the #BlackLivesMatter protest in Chicago— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) June 5, 2020
He also reportedly donated $2M to the families of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd and set up a college fund for Floyd's daughter Gianna 🙏🏾 #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd pic.twitter.com/zH1uhXbJDF
George Floyd protests: live coverage
You can follow live coverage of the protests over the killing of George Floyd here.
- Derek Chauvin charged with murder and manslaughter
- What charges are the three other officers facing
- Where does Trump's 'when the looting starts...' quote come from?
- George Floyd GoFundMe page raises nearly $5 million
- Curfew in Minnesota: cities affected, schedules and restrictions
- How a suspected counterfeit $20 bill led to protests across the US
- When did #BlackLivesMatter start?
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy