New York City FC change travel date to Florida due to new Covid-19 cases
New York City FC announced that due to recent changes to New York State guidelines they have decided to change their travel plans to the state of Florida.
On Friday, the state of Florida reported a record increase in the number of new coronavirus cases over the last couple of weeks. On Friday it added another 8,942 cases, which is now the highest single-day jump since tracking began in March.
Even though the San Jose Earthquakes and Orlando City were the first two teams to arrive earlier this week in Florida, New York City FC announced on Saturday that due to the recent changes to New York State guidelines they will travel to Orlando on 2 July.
The New York State guidelines allow professional sports teams to train in New York and in consultation with Major League Soccer (MLS), NYCFC has decided to continue full team training at their Etihad City Football Academy. They were programmed to fly to Florida on Saturday but now they will do it next Thursday.
Once they arrive, NYCFC will have two days to prepare for their first pre-tournament game scheduled on 4 July, the United States independence day. NYCFC was drawn into Group A alongside Orlando City SC, Inter Miami, Philadelphia Union, Chicago Fire and Nashville SC.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online