Positive coronavirus case within Orlando City squad
According to the Athletic, at least one player for Orlando City has tested positive for Covid-19 a few days from the start of the MLS is back tournament.
Major League Soccer is nearly back with the creation of a competition called MLS is Back Tournament which is set to start on 8 July and will end on 11 August amid the coronavirus pandemic. As many teams prepare to arrive at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World resort there are some players that have tested positive.
According to the Athletic at least one Orlando City player has tested positive for Covid-19 prior arriving to the complex and was forced to isolate. The source said that multiple other Orlando players also did not enter the complex and it is unclear whether those players have the virus or not.
A spokesperson from Orlando City said on Saturday morning that “our full squad for the tournament is at the complex and it is currently training” and that the club will not send the roster until MLS makes it mandatory.
New York City FC delayed their arrival to Orlando
New York City FC announced on Saturday that due to the recent changes to New York State guidelines they will travel to Orlando on 2 July.
On Friday, the state of Florida reported a record increase in the number of new coronavirus cases over the last couple of weeks. On Friday it added another 8,942 cases, which is now the highest single-day jump since tracking began in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August