Positive coronavirus case within Orlando City squad
According to the Athletic, at least one player for Orlando City has tested positive for Covid-19 a few days from the start of the MLS is back tournament.
Major League Soccer is nearly back with the creation of a competition called MLS is Back Tournament which is set to start on 8 July and will end on 11 August amid the coronavirus pandemic. As many teams prepare to arrive at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World resort there are some players that have tested positive.
According to the Athletic at least one Orlando City player has tested positive for Covid-19 prior arriving to the complex and was forced to isolate. The source said that multiple other Orlando players also did not enter the complex and it is unclear whether those players have the virus or not.
A spokesperson from Orlando City said on Saturday morning that “our full squad for the tournament is at the complex and it is currently training” and that the club will not send the roster until MLS makes it mandatory.
New York City FC delayed their arrival to Orlando
New York City FC announced on Saturday that due to the recent changes to New York State guidelines they will travel to Orlando on 2 July.
On Friday, the state of Florida reported a record increase in the number of new coronavirus cases over the last couple of weeks. On Friday it added another 8,942 cases, which is now the highest single-day jump since tracking began in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan