Newell's vice-president doesn't rule out Messi move
The vice-president of Newell's, Cristian D'Amico, spoke to TNT Sports about the possible return of Lionel Messi and says he has not ruled it out.
The vice-president of Newell's Old Boys,Cristian D'Amico, said it's not impossible that Messi moves back to the Argentinian club while speaking to TNT Sports.
"I don't know if it's impossible," he said. "It's a decision exclusively made by him and his family. We have to have the best possible context to help make a decision. When Maradona came to Newell's, nobody thought that he would come either. I hope to to do something similar with Leo."
"Obviously, that's not to be selling smoke," he continued. "It's a difficult topic. What Newell's fan would not dream to see the best player in the world with the jersey of their team on? Time might allow such things, you have to be calm."
Maxi Rodríguez, the current Newell's player, also weighed in. "I hope he comes here," he said. For the fans, it would be a dream. There is a family involved and that can sometimes complicate things. But if he comes here, it will have to be soon or I won't be able to play with him."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes