Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi move to Inter Milan confirmed
Morocco international Achraf Hakimi, 21, has joined Serie A club Inter Milan from Real Madrid, it was announced on Thursday.
Real Madrid full-back Achraf Hakimi has joined Serie A club Inter Milan, it has been confirmed. Both clubs issued statements on Thursday to announce a deal for the defender, who moves to Italy for a fee of 40m euros plus 5m in add-ons.
Real Madrid keep first refusal on youth product
As part of the sale, Madrid have negotiated a clause giving them first refusal on the Morocco international for the next five years.
Achraf, who has spent the past two seasons on loan at Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund, travelled to Milan earlier this week to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on his Inter contract, which is to run until 30 June 2025.
Achraf waves emotional goodbye to Dortmund
On Tuesday, Achraf published an emotional farewell letter to the Dortmund fans, after making 73 appearances and scoring 12 goals in an impressive spell in Germany. "The time has come to close a very beautiful stage in my life," he wrote. "After two wonderful years, I’m ready to leave this club that has given me so much joy.
"From the first moment, the care and attention by the club and the city has been amazing. Now I know that I was right to choose Dortmund as my home two years ago."
Achraf to earn 5m euros net in first year at Inter
The 21-year-old is understood to have agreed an after-tax salary of 5m euros plus bonuses in his first season at Inter, with his basic wage then rising in the subsequent four years of his contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane