Jonathan dos Santos will not play in MLS is back tournament
The Los Angeles Galaxy captain will miss the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, Florida due to an injury announced by the team on Wednesday.
The year 2020 has not been a good year for Dos Santos with a compendium of injuries complication the player's progression. This Wednesday the LA Galaxy confirmed that their captain Jonathan dos Santos will miss the MLS is Back Tournament scheduled in Orlando, Florida because he will undergo minimally invasive hernia surgery tomorrow. He is expected to be out for at least 6 weeks.
Galaxy is scheduled to play the first game of the tournament on 13 July against Portland Timbers and the team is going to fly to Orlando next week. The next games will be against city rivals LAFC on 18 July and will end the group stage playing Houston Dynamo on 23 July.
Jonathan missed the first game of the season against Houston Dynamo and only played the first 45 minutes of the second game against Vancouver. Then Major League Soccer decided to postpone the season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Last season Jonathan dos Santos had one of his best seasons as a footballer with the Los Angeles Galaxy. The midfielder played a total of 2546 minutes, played 29 games, gave 8 assists and scored 2 goals. His great performance helped the Galaxy return to the playoffs for the first time since 2016.
New coaching staff for LA Galaxy
It is not all bad news for the Los Angeles Galaxy because today it was also confirmed that Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas will return to the team as part of the academy coaching staff. The central midfield duo won the MLS Cup with Galaxy in 2012 and 2014.
“Juninho and Marcelo are club legends that bring extensive experience to our Academy coaching staff,” Galaxy director of methodology and development Juan Carlos Ortega said in a statement. “They are intimately familiar with our club, standards and culture and will make a strong impact on our youth players and their development for years to come. We are thrilled to add them to our academy staff.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?