Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
Madrid strengthened their lead at the top of LaLiga where they sit on 74 points - four ahead of nearest rivals Barcelona on 70 - which they were quick to point out...
Real Madrid were clearly thrilled with last night's result in Valdebebas - one which allowed them to extend their lead at the top of the table (Zizou's team are on 74 points, Barcelona lie second on 70). Madrid's happiness is understandable if we remember that just before LaLiga was put on hold for the coronavirus crisis, the team had slipped to second place, trailing Barça by two points after the Week 27 defeat to Betis at the Benito Villamarín on 8 March.
Madrid, four points clear with five games left to play
But after watching Barcelona draw 2-2 with Atleti on Tuesday, then seeing how their team were made to suffer by Bordalás' Getafe last night, Real Madrid's social media department reacted with humour and relief. The club's official Spanish Twitter account posted a photo of a jubilant Sergio Ramos, leaping after concerting his spot-kick and pointing to the number 4 on the back of his shirt, it was accompanied with the caption: “How many points have we got over the team in second, Sergio Ramos?”
As things stand, Barça are four points behind (plus they are at a disadvantage in the head-to-head standings). During the six hours after it was posted on Twitter, the tweet had gained over 20,000 likes and close to 4,500 retweets.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2