Real Madrid, PSG and Liverpool target Koulibaly wants Napoli stay
The Senegal defender, who has been linked with Real Madrid and PSG, has no desire to force a move away from Napoli and has even encouraged Victor Osimhen to join the club.
Kalidou Koulibaly says he could finish his career with Napoli despite persistent rumours linking him with Premier League clubs Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United, along with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid.
However, Koulibaly would be happy to spend the rest of his playing days with the Partenopei as his family is settled in the city.
"My family is doing very well in Naples and that makes me happy. It's only thanks to them that I've been here for six years because, if they weren't happy, I'd have left already," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"My children speak Italian as well as French. We speak both languages at home. We live peacefully here.
"I hear that I'll be leaving, but I'm fine here. I don't understand why we should talk about the market when there's nothing on the horizon. There's a new one every day.
"You never know what happens in football. I never spoke to the club to leave. If we have to find a solution, we will, but I've never talked about the transfer market.
"I read about my future in the newspapers but I only want to think about playing. I'm 100 per cent for Napoli and it bothers me being linked every day to this or that European club.
"We'll see what the president decides, if he proposes extending my contract, which would allow me to end my career here. At the moment, I still have three years on my contract.
"I wouldn't say no [to ending my career here]. But I don't want to deceive anyone. We know how things are in football - maybe you say you'll stay for life, and then you're sold.
"So, I tell the fans that I will give 200-300 percent while I'm wearing this shirt."
Koulibaly keen on Osimhen
Koulibaly has even spoken to Victor Osimhen, the Lille forward heavily linked with Napoli, about the benefits of moving to the club.
"It's true he called me," Koulibaly said. "We talked about racism. I told him he wouldn't have these problems coming to Naples, that he'll choose the right city.
"I've also felt the bitterness of racist insults, but never in Naples. I reassured him: I told him that, if he comes, he'll have made the best choice."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?