MLS is Back tournament schedule updated due to Covid-19 cases
Due to many players testing positive for Covid-19 in Orlando, Florida, many teams have been forced to opt out from the MLS is Back tournament.
The first team to withdraw from the 'MLS is Back' tournament was FC Dallas after more than five players tested positive for coronavirus. Prior to the beginning of the competition last Wednesday, many teams were reporting positive cases which forced the MLS to update the tournament schedule.
Last Sunday the league announced that the match between DC United and Toronto FC was suspended until further notice because of two possible new Covid-19 cases reported amongst the teams. After several tests the MLS announced that the game would be played early on 13 July, and it ended in a 2-2 tie.
MLS announce four more games rescheduled
- Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact: originally scheduled for 15 July at 8 pm ET, will now take place on 16 July at 8 pm ET.
- D.C. United vs New England Revolution: originally scheduled for 16 July at 8 pm ET, will now take place on 17 July at 8 pm ET.
- Colorado Rapids vs Sporting Kansas City: this match on 17 July at 8 p.m. ET.
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC: this match will now be played at 9 pm ET on Wednesday, 15 July.
- United States of America
Today will be the opening day for Group C when Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) faces Houston Dynamo in the group’s opener at 8 p.m. ET, then two and a half hours later Los Angeles Galaxy will face Portland Timbers to conclude the day.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats