Coronavirus: total lockdown in West Bengal two days per week
The West Bengal government has decided to impose a lockdown for two days every week in its bid to curb the rising number of Covid-19 cases.
Following the recent spike in Covid-19 cases, state Home Secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay confirmed that a complete lockdown will be implemented across the West Bengal state on Thursday and Saturday this week.
Bandyopadhyay spoke in a press conference at the state secretariat Nabanna.
"We have decided that from now onwards, there will be a two-day complete lockdown every week across the state, apart from running a broad-based containment zone approach. In the current week, it will be on Thursday and Saturday.”
Containment zone lockdown will continue
Bandopadhyay also said that the complete lockdown within containment zones in the state will last till the end of July, confirming that advice has been issued to alert all district magistrates, police superintendents and other top brass of the state administration, and inform them that the lockdown could last between five to seven days in their respective areas depending on the situation. He also noted that a state-wide lockdown may also be considered for Wednesday next week.
Bandopadhyay mentioned that the future of the weekly lockdown could be determined in a meeting that will be held next Monday.
Containment zones in the state increase to 739
The government had increased the containment zones in the state by 63 taking the tally in the district to a total of 739 zones.
West Bengal has reported 42,487 confirmed cases so far and 1,112 deaths, while 24,883 patients have already recovered.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?