Dr. Fauci to throw out first pitch before Nationals-Yankees opener
The Washington Nationals have announced Dr. Anthony Fauci will throw out the first pitch before they open the 2020 MLB season.
Dr. Anthony Fauci will throw out the first pitch before the 2020 MLB season opener between the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees on Thursday at Nationals Park.
The Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the United States, Fauci is one of the country's foremost experts on coronavirus and is also a noted Nationals fan.
"Wear your mask"
The 79-year-old urges wearing masks to help stop the spread of Covid-19, and wore a face covering adorned with Nationals logos while testifying before a House committee last month over the United States' response to the coronavirus.
"Dr. Fauci has been a true champion for our country during the COVID-19 pandemic and throughout his distinguished career," the Nationals said in a statement on Monday.
A statement from the Washington Nationals regarding Opening Day. pic.twitter.com/iejxXeAA4V— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) July 20, 2020
"It is only fitting that we honor him as we kick off the 2020 season and defend our World Series championship title."
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history