Second stimulus check: calculate how much you will get under HEALS Act
If you believe you are eligible for the second stimulus check but are unsure how much you will receive, check out the Second Stimulus Check Calculator.
This week the Republicans unveiled the HEALS Act, a $1 trillion economic aid package which also includes a provision for the much-anticipated second round of stimulus checks.
If the bill is passed by the Senate, the checks will be distributed to millions of eligible Americans who have been left out of work due to the coronavirus pandemic. The second round of stimulus payments will equal the first round of payments at $1,200 per qualifying individual.
If you believe you are eligible for the second stimulus check but are unsure how much you will receive, check out the Second Stimulus Check Calculator developed by Bogna Haponiuk and Jasmine Mah at omnicalculator.com.
“This calculator is based on the GOP Coronavirus Bill, which is a second round of stimulus checks proposed by congressional Republicans on Monday, July 27th 2020,” says the website.
“To qualify for a payout, you have to be a U.S. resident with a social security number. You don’t need to have paid any taxes recently, but you must have at least filed your paperwork.”
How to use the Second Stimulus Check Calculator
Head over to the website.
There you must answer four simple questions to determine how much you will receive:
- Have you filed your 2019 taxes (Yes/No)
- Filling status (Single, Married, Head of Household))
- Number of dependents
- Adjusted gross income in 2019
Once you’ve filled the answers to these four questions, the Second Stimulus Check Calculator will generate the amount you will receive.
HEALS Act vs CARES Act
Remember, though, that the HEALS Act has not yet been passed. The Democrats also have a bill on the table known as the CARES Act, which would see eligible individuals receive a $2,000 payment, in comparison to the HEALS Act $1,200 check.
Omincalculator.com also has a Stimulus Check Calculator that allows you to work out what you would receive under the Democrats more generous CARES Act.
However, it may not be worth your while, as, although the bill pass was passed by the House of Representatives in May, it had already been deemed dead on arrival at the Republican-controlled senate. This means that the HEALS Act is a much more likely prospect. Below are some of the main initiatives laid out under the HEALS Act.
Key initiatives covered by the HEALS Act:
- $1,200 direct payments, same criteria as CARES Act
- Continued federal unemployment benefits, but for less than $600
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) sequel for business loans
- More funding to help schools
- More funding for COVID-19 testing, treatment and vaccine research
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- coronavirus Over 27,000 health workers infected with Covid-19 in South Africa
- Champions League Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Preview
- USMNT Adams becomes first US men's player to score in Champions League quarter final or later
- Champions League Bayern Munich are playing Barcelona, not just Messi - Flick